There is a reason why we depend on technology so much, the answer to which is the ease which it provides to us in our day to day life. We are able to successfully complete complex tasks, all because of some of the other gadgets by our side. And the same task a decade ago would have taken double the amount of time because people didn’t have the support of technology by their side. We might have started with manual work but slowly and steadily we moved from that to machine work. Within the machine work, there is a long list of gadgets that kept coming into existence and reducing our manual labour. Now, we have reached an optimum limit in extracting the best possible results from the latest machine in our hands i.e. a smartphone. Almost every person on this planet uses a smartphone for some or the other purpose. This is where a smart person would reap the maximum benefits of a phone. Because of its multipurpose features, many successful and known people run their business using only a smartphone. It does sound crazy at first but when you think of it, you will realize what treasures a smartphone holds inside itself.
Now the question to ask is how can you make this possible. Well, the answer is the visible presence of mobile digital apps in the market. Now before we go deeper into what apps a business can use, note that much of the decision will be based on the company’s budget, size, industry sector etc. Some of the important categories under the umbrella of which several apps exist have been mentioned below:
1. Customer Relationship Manager :Tools or apps like Insightly, Pipedrive and Infusionsoft have many apps for both Android and iOS devices that also support their web-based solution. So doesn’t matter if you are on the move or not, these 3 services will make sure to give you access to all your sales pipelines.
2. Collaboration: So for a person who works remotely, will find collaboration apps extremely useful. eXo Platform is one of the powerful social networking solutions that basically allows you to connect with your colleagues, employees, partners and clients through collaborative intranets or community sites. Other web-based collaboration tools which provide good mobile app support are Igloo and Wrike.
3. Accounting: Managing accounts is not an easy task in itself and doing the same with a mobile seems almost impossible. But thankfully there is a kind of web-based financing software that will help you in staying on top of all your accounts. Applications like FreshBooks, QuickBooks Online or Xpenditure will help you with invoicing, time tracking and expenses.
4. Business Intelligence: If you are always on the go and so it becomes difficult for you to keep a track on your company’s performance then there are applications for that as well. Apps such as Roambi Analytics, Zoho Reports and SiSense have a great collection of data tools set that will better help you understand your company’s data, irrespective of the place you are in.
5. Marketing Automation: They say that the more you stay away from your company the more your marketing efforts are bound to dry up. Well, they have not used HubSpot. HubSpot is the solution that boasts of robust Android and iOS applications so that no matter wherever you are in the world, you can monitor your marketing campaigns and get access to your database of contacts whenever you feel like.
6. Customer Service: Now, this is one area that no one can imagine to be handled with just an application since keeping a track on all the queries and cases can be quite a task in itself. But if you are running a cloud-based customer service or contact centre application then mobile apps like Desk.com and Zendesk will allow you to access track activity and support tickets. So you can very easily handle customer queries remotely.
Now that you know that any business can be successfully run with the help of a smartphone and a few smart applications, you will have to keep in mind one last factor, which is the smartphone itself. The fact that you need a mobile device to run your business makes it evident that you are always on the go. It doesn’t matter how good connection you get in your remote area if it does not have a good battery backup. Because a business cannot run with interruptions of a low battery sign. Hence it is always advised to find a phone with a battery backup of around 4000mAh to 5000mAh, which can easily last up to 2 days without the need of a charger. Phones like Panasonic India Smartphone (Panasonic Eluga Ray 700 with 5000mAh battery), Samsung and OnePlus are the perfect combinations of a long-lasting battery and easy on the pocket phones.
Creating a profitable business solely depends on the expenses that we make. Having such small but effective financial methods will surely help to boom your business. With smart investments such as smart and affordable devices, you would save a huge amount of money in using your phone and can spend it on your business instead.